8. Cooling and Freezing
- are the most common forms of food preservation.
- Cooling slows down the action of microorganisms, thus it take longer to
- It allows fruit from different parts of the world to appear on our
- At freezing temperature,microorganisms become inactive,thus food cannot
spoil when it is frozen.
- kills most bacteria. However, those not affected by heat will grow when the
conditions are suitable.
- is the process of drying food with smoke for a long period of time.
- This method is mainly used for fish,meat and fruit such as banana.
- The drying effects of smoke and the chemicals produced from the smoke help
to preserve the food.