- Food undergoes changes that makes it spoil.These changes can be detected by
smell, taste, touch or sight.Spoilt food is unsafe to eat.
- Stickiness under the chicken wings and darkening of their tips indicate
- Fish is no longer fresh when the flesh has changed texture. It is no longer
firm when pressed with a finger. It also has an unpleasant smell.
- We are blessed with many varieties of food. However, our food may be infected
with microorganisms.Microorganisms such as fungi and bacteria can cause
food to spoil.
- The fruit and vegetables above have been affected by moulds. They become
mouldy and changed colour.
- Food turns sour because the bacteria in it produced acids. A common example
is when the milk turns sour, giving it an unpleasent taste.When it is
opened, frothy liquid and an unpleasant smell will indicate spoilage.